Three areas have been faraway from Chicago’s journey advisory this week, dropping the listing of locations on town’s warning listing to 45 states and two territories.
The metropolis’s well being division introduced Tuesday that Florida, Hawaii and the District of Columbia dropped off the advisory and 4 different states may quickly be eliminated.
Currently, each state or territory apart from California, Connecticut, D.C., Florida, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico are on the advisory.
Maryland, Georgia, Mississippi, and Louisiana are near coming off the listing if their metrics keep under the brink for one more week, well being officers stated.
(*3*) Chicago Department of Public Health Commissioner Dr. Allison Arwady. “A few more states, if they can maintain their positive trends, may come off the list next week. But the fact that some of our fellow Midwest states have had their case rates rise steeply shows how fragile our advances can be. We must continue to be vigilant with vaccinations and mask-wearing if we’re going to keep COVID down as the temperatures come down.”
States are added to the advisory’s “orange listing” when COVID metrics rise above the brink of 15 instances per day per 100,000 folks. Any under that mark are on the “yellow” listing, with public well being officers nonetheless warning towards non-essential journey.
“If you are traveling, whether you are vaccinated or unvaccinated – especially if you are unvaccinated – please do not take COVID lightly,” Chicago Department of Public Health Commissioner Dr. Allison Arwady stated in a press release. “We still have a long way to go before we can all confidently travel safely throughout the country. COVID is a threat to everyone – but the threat is reduced tremendously if you are vaccinated.”
States and territories at the moment on the advisory embody: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, District of Columbia, Guam and the Virgin Islands.
Just earlier than the Labor Day, town up to date its steerage for what unvaccinated vacationers visiting or getting back from such areas ought to do, including new testing and quarantining suggestions earlier than and after journey.
According to town, earlier than journey, unvaccinated people ought to:
- Get examined 3-5 days previous to departure.
- ALL people no matter vaccination standing ought to put on a masks on planes, buses, trains, and different types of public transportation touring into, inside, or out of the United States and whereas indoors at U.S. transportation hubs corresponding to airports and stations.
- In Chicago, put on a masks in all indoor public settings, no matter vaccination standing.
- Avoid crowds, attempt to keep not less than 6 ft/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anybody who shouldn’t be touring with you, and wash your arms usually or use hand sanitizer (with not less than 60% alcohol).
After journey, unvaccinated people ought to:
- Get examined with a viral take a look at 3-5 days after journey AND keep residence and self-quarantine for a full 7 days.
- Even in the event you take a look at unfavorable, keep residence and self-quarantine for the total 7 days.
- If your take a look at is optimistic, isolate your self to guard others from getting contaminated.
- If you don’t get examined, keep residence and self-quarantine for 10 days after journey.
- Avoid being round people who find themselves at elevated threat for extreme sickness for 14 days, whether or not you get examined or not.
The metropolis suggested all vacationers to observe themselves for COVID-19 signs and isolate and get examined in the event that they develop any after journey.
“We have seen and know that journey is a major threat issue for buying COVID,” Arwady stated. “If you resolve to not get examined, the advice is definitely to remain residence and self quarantine for 10 days after journey, and you need to keep away from being round anyone who has an elevated threat for extreme COVID outcomes for 14 days after journey no matter whether or not you get examined or not. Obviously we wish anyone who’s touring to self monitor for COVID signs and get examined in the event you develop signs.”
This week’s replace to the journey advisory comes at a time when the common day by day variety of new instances in Chicago is right down to 291 per day – down 13% from the earlier week.
That determine continues to be a lot increased than the low of 34 town noticed in late June however stays decrease than the greater than 700 instances per day town was seeing throughout the latest surge earlier this 12 months.
Hospitalizations in Chicago are down 39% from the earlier week, however deaths are up 4% from the week prior, per town’s knowledge. The positivity price in testing held regular at 2% this week.
Arwady famous final month that about 99% of latest COVID instances, hospitalizations and deaths are amongst unvaccinated people.
The journey advisory is up to date each Tuesday, with any adjustments taking impact the next Friday.