This article is introduced to you in affiliation with the European Commission.
The support measures for the wine sector adopted at the moment embrace rising support for danger administration instruments similar to harvest insurance coverage and mutual funds, and extending the flexibility measures already in place till 15 October 2022. For the fruit and vegetable sector, support to producer organisations – normally calculated primarily based on manufacturing worth – shall be compensated to not be decrease than 85% of final 12 months’s degree.
Agriculture Commissioner Janusz Wojciechowski stated: “From the spring frosts, floods to heatwaves, the extreme weather conditions have been particularly challenging for the wine, fruit and vegetable sectors this year. This comes after an already complicated 2020 year due to the COVID-19 crisis. These much needed support measures will relief producers across the EU during these difficult times, on top of the ones already put forward in 2020 and extended in 2021.”
The exceptional measures for wine embrace:
- EU nations can proceed to amend their nationwide support programmes at any time, when this will normally solely be finished twice a 12 months (by 1 March and 30 June of every 12 months respectively).
- For promotion and info actions, restructuring and conversion of vineyards, inexperienced harvesting and investments, the risk to grant a better contribution from the EU finances is extended till 15 October 2022.
- EU finances contribution to harvest insurance coverage has been elevated from 70% to 80% till 15 October 2022.
- EU support to cowl prices for establishing mutual funds have been doubled, from: 10%, 8% and 4% in the first, second and third 12 months of its implementation to 20%, 16% and 8%.
- An extension of the flexibilities granted for wine programme measures till 15 October 2022.
For the fruit and vegetable sector, EU support to producer organisations – normally calculated primarily based on the manufacturing worth of the 12 months – shall be compensated to be at the very least at 85% of final 12 months’s degree even when this 12 months’s worth is decrease. This compensation shall be provided when the discount of manufacturing is linked to pure disasters, climatic occasions, plant ailments or pest infestations; exterior of the producer organisation’s management and at the very least 35% decrease in contrast to the earlier 12 months. In addition, if producers show that they took preventive measures towards the trigger for manufacturing discount, the manufacturing worth used for support shall be the identical as final 12 months.
Due to the unprecedented challenges attributable to the COVID-19 pandemic, a primary bundle of measures was adopted in May 2020. These measures have been complemented by a second bundle for the wine sector adopted in July 2020.
Within the bundle, a set of measures have been adopted at the moment as carried out acts. As for the delegated acts, they are going to have to undergo a 2 month scrutiny interval in the European Parliament and the Council.