Chicago’s journey advisory dropped to 47 states and three territories, as Connecticut was faraway from the town’s warning checklist Tuesday, the town introduced.
The metropolis’s well being division stated Connecticut noticed its every day case price drop beneath the brink for being on the journey advisory and keep beneath that threshold for 2 straight weeks.
Connecticut, California and Puerto Rico at the moment are the one areas not on the town’s advisory.
Officials famous, nonetheless, that the District of Columbia, Massachusetts, and Louisiana are shut to coming off the checklist.
States are added to the advisory’s “orange checklist” when COVID metrics rise above the brink of 15 circumstances per day per 100,000 individuals. Any beneath that mark are on the “yellow” checklist, with public well being officers nonetheless warning towards non-essential journey.
“If you are traveling, whether you are vaccinated or unvaccinated – especially if you are unvaccinated – please do not take COVID lightly,” Chicago Department of Public Health Commissioner Dr. (*47*) Arwady stated in an announcement. “We still have a long way to go before we can all confidently travel safely throughout the country. COVID is a threat to everyone – but the threat is reduced tremendously if you are vaccinated.”
States and territories at present on the advisory embrace: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, District of Columbia, Guam and the Virgin Islands.
Just earlier than the Labor Day, the town up to date its steerage for what unvaccinated vacationers visiting or getting back from such areas ought to do, including new testing and quarantining suggestions earlier than and after journey.
According to the town, earlier than journey, unvaccinated people ought to:
- Get examined 3-5 days prior to departure.
- ALL people no matter vaccination standing ought to put on a masks on planes, buses, trains, and different types of public transportation touring into, inside, or out of the United States and whereas indoors at U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
- In Chicago, put on a masks in all indoor public settings, no matter vaccination standing.
- Avoid crowds, strive to keep at the very least 6 ft/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anybody who is not touring with you, and wash your arms usually or use hand sanitizer (with at the very least 60% alcohol).
After journey, unvaccinated people ought to:
- Get examined with a viral check 3-5 days after journey AND keep house and self-quarantine for a full 7 days.
- Even for those who check destructive, keep house and self-quarantine for the total 7 days.
- If your check is optimistic, isolate your self to defend others from getting contaminated.
- If you don’t get examined, keep house and self-quarantine for 10 days after journey.
- Avoid being round people who find themselves at elevated danger for extreme sickness for 14 days, whether or not you get examined or not.
The metropolis suggested all vacationers to monitor themselves for COVID-19 signs and isolate and get examined in the event that they develop any after journey.
“We have seen and know that journey is a major danger issue for buying COVID,” Arwady stated. “If you resolve not to get examined, the advice is truly to keep house and self quarantine for 10 days after journey, and it is best to keep away from being round anyone who has an elevated danger for extreme COVID outcomes for 14 days after journey no matter whether or not you get examined or not. Obviously we would like anyone who’s touring to self monitor for COVID signs and get examined for those who develop signs.”
This week’s replace to the journey advisory comes at a time when the typical every day variety of new circumstances in Chicago is down to 355 per day – a 6% lower over the earlier week, making a continued downward development.
That determine is nonetheless a lot increased than the low of 34 the town noticed in late June however stays decrease than the greater than 700 circumstances per day the town was seeing throughout the newest surge earlier this yr.
Hospitalizations in Chicago are down 47% from the earlier week, however deaths elevated by 4% from the week prior, per the town’s knowledge. The positivity price in testing is down to 2.3% this week, a drop from 2.6% within the final week.
Arwady famous final month that about 99% of recent COVID circumstances, hospitalizations and deaths are amongst unvaccinated people.
The journey advisory is up to date each Tuesday, with any modifications taking impact the next Friday.