The annual NFL Scouting Combine takes place beginning on Tuesday and operating till March 7 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
Cleveland Browns common supervisor Andrew Berry, head coach Kevin Stefanski and different key members of the scouting workforce will likely be there testing a number of the 324 faculty prospects as they work their means by numerous drills and interviews. (A full record of the gamers in attendance might be discovered at NFL.com.)
That work will repay, at the very least in principle, when the NFL Draft kicks off on April 28 in Las Vegas, Glenn Cook, Cleveland’s vice chairman of participant personnel, instructed clevelandbrowns.com:
“It’s a pleasant snapshot for a few issues. One, you get the medical info, which is essential to perceive the place (the gamers) are bodily. Two, it’s one other publicity to them as an individual, getting a preview into how they assume or the issues they consider. Three, it’s competitors. What are they doing on the sphere, and what drills do they take part in or don’t take part in?
“Once we get through this part of our draft meetings, we’ll double back and make sure our plan is really tight and clean in terms of free agency. We’ll have a full-bore, aggressive process there, and then we’ll have our minds on the draft and make sure we bring in the right men and talent into the organization.”
Here is a few further details about the Scouting Combine for Browns followers.
How to Watch
NFL Network will broadcast greater than 50 hours of stay protection starting on Tuesday. The protection will proceed with stay drills on:
- Thursday from 4 p.m to 11 p.m. for quarterbacks, huge receivers and tight ends
- Friday from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. for operating backs, offensive linemen and particular groups gamers
- Saturday from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. for defensive linemen and linebackers
- March 6 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. for defensive backs
Prospects to Watch
Some of the prospects to watch at positions of want for the Browns embrace:
- WR Calvin Austin III, Memphis
- WR David Bell, Purdue
- WR Treylon Burks, Arkansas
- WR Jahan Dotson, Penn State
- WR Drake London, USC
- WR John Metchie, Alabama
- WR Skyy Moore, Western Michigan
- WR Chris Olave, Ohio State
- WR George Pickens, Georgia
- WR Christian Watson, North Dakota State
- WR Jameson Williams, Alabama
- WR Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
- DT Jordan Davis, Georgia
- DT Haskell Garrett, Ohio State
- DT Logan Hall, Houston
- DT Devonte Wyatt, Georgia
- DT DeMarvin Leal, Texas A&M
- DT Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma
- DT Travis Jones, UCONN
And whereas they aren’t available in the market for a quarterback, folks will doubtless be paying consideration to:
- QB Sam Howell, North Carolina
- QB Kenny Pickett, Pittsburgh
- QB Desmond Ridder, Cincinnati
- QB Carson Strong, Nevada
- QB Malik Willis, Liberty
The draft prospects will all have a possibility to meet with the media, as will every of the workforce’s common managers and head coaches (outdoors of the New England Patriots, the place Bill Belichick runs a good ship).
Andrew Berry is scheduled to meet with the media on Tuesday at 2:15 p.m., whereas Kevin Stefanski could have his alternative on Wednesday at 1:45 p.m.
It is unlikely that both will reveal any state secrets and techniques, however it’ll nonetheless be fascinating to hear what they assume at this stage of the offseason.