Thousands of individuals have been evacuated from their houses in B.C. as heavy rains proceed to flood the southern half of the province.
While many emergency reception centres have been arrange, the BC SPCA mentioned that emergency boarding is offered for those that have to be separated from their animals as they search shelter.
To entry boarding, animal and pet homeowners can name 1-855-622-7722.
For pet homeowners who consider they could need to evacuate, the BC SPCA has created a guidelines of the objects that could be wanted:
- Food, water, treats for two to 4 weeks, together with 4 litres per day for canine and one litre for cats
- Medications for two to 4 weeks
- Vet contact info
- Pet photographs with written descriptions of the animals and their names in a ziplock bag
- Microchip and licence info
- Carriers for every pet
- Waste provides together with litter, litter bins, rubbish luggage
- Extra bedding, towels, blankets
- Water bottle
- Hay for small animals
- Toys to maintain animals completely satisfied and stress-free
- Leashes, harnesses, collars, muscle tissues as wanted.
NEW: If you have been evacuated and want emergency boarding for your pet, the BC SPCA has you coated. Call 1-855-622-7722.
MORE BELOW: #bcstorm @BlackPressMedia https://t.co/01gFEryiyk pic.twitter.com/t0GgTKix6Z
— Kat Slepian (@katslepian) November 15, 2021
Like us on Facebook and comply with us on Twitter.