Posted October 3, 2022 | 10:51 AM
Hurricane Ian Update No. 29
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Oct. 3, 2022) – Lithia Springs Conservation Park and greater than 20 County nature preserves stay closed due to excessive water, downed timber, or different points associated to Hurricane Ian.
All different County conservation parks and 17 of the 38 nature preserves reopened right now, although some areas or facilities in these parks and preserves stay off limits to guests whereas workers assess harm and make repairs. The remaining 21 nature preserves stay closed. Residents are suggested to test the County’s park closures web page or name (813) 672-7876 earlier than going to a conservation park or protect.
On Monday, the next nature preserves had been open to guests:
- Apollo Beach Nature Preserve, 6760 Surfside Blvd., Apollo Beach, FL 33572
- Bahia Beach Nature Preserve, 2513 Shell Point Rd., Ruskin, FL 33570
- Bell Creek Nature Preserve, 10940 McMullen Rd., Riverview, FL 33569
- Brooker Creek Headwaters Nature Preserve, 18102 Ramblewood Rd., Odessa, FL 33556
- Cockroach Bay Nature Preserve, 3839 Gulf City Rd., Ruskin, FL 33570
- Cypress Creek Nature Preserve (Livingston), 18000 Lizard’s Trail Rd., Tampa, FL 33647
- Cypress Creek Nature Preserve (Robertson Trail), 18000 Lizard’s Trail Rd., Tampa, FL 33647
- Diamondback Nature Preserve, 5602 W. Gray St., Tampa, FL 33609
- Jeanie and Pete Johnson Nature Preserve, 11002 Ekker Rd., Gibsonton, FL 33534
- Lake Dan Nature Preserve, 19116 Huckavalle Rd., Odessa, FL 33556
- Rocky Creek Trails Nature Preserve, 7415 Manhattan Dr., Tampa, FL 33625
- Florida College Nature Preserve, 9514 Woodland Ridge Dr., Temple Terrace, FL 33637
- Kitchen Nature Preserve, 6099 Isabel Ave., Gibson, FL 33534
- Fred & Ida Schultz Nature Preserve, 5906 Kracker Ave., Gibsonton, FL 33534
- Violet Cury Preserve, 1802 Sinclair Hills Rd., Lutz, FL 33549
- Wolf Branch Creek Nature Preserve, 481 Villemaire Rd., Apollo Beach, FL 33572
Get Connected. Stay Alert.
For extra data on Hillsborough County’s response to Hurricane Ian, go to HCFLGov.web/StaySecure and join the HCFL Alert system. Additionally, you possibly can observe Hillsborough County on social media at Facebook, Twitter, and Nextdoor for updates.
Leave a Reply