MIDDLETOWN—Firefighters rescued 20 cats, 13 pigs and one turtle, no less than some needing palliative care, from a burning dwelling on Chapel Hill Road Wednesday morning, the township fireplace division mentioned.
As township police arrived at 152 Chapel Hill Road, they reported heavy fireplace in the basement. Residents advised police they used fireplace extinguishers on the fireplace, however it continued to burn, the division mentioned.
They additionally advised authorities “there have been many hospice animals in the home,” Middletown Fire Department Spokesman Dennis Fowler mentioned.
Some 45 firefighters attacked the fireplace reported to be inside the wall of the basement laundry room.
Fowler mentioned firefighters couldn’t take away the animals since they wanted palliative care. The fireplace, nonetheless, was introduced below management in a couple of half hour, he mentioned.
No accidents have been reported amongst the owners, firefighters or animals. There was no data on the trigger of the fireplace.
More:Eatontown’s endearing white deer charms residents
One of the animals, Mike the pig, was led right into a yard pen following the incident, Fowler mentioned.
Township fireplace firms Navesink, Community, Middletown Fire Company No.1, River Plaza Hose and Lincroft together with the division’s fireplace police, security and air replenishment items responded together with township EMS and the Lincroft First Aid Squad.
Ken Serrano covers crime, breaking information, investigations and native points. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.